Thread: Looking to commission an isometric Underdark city map

Divinity

Default Looking to commission an isometric Underdark city map

EDIT: I definitely misjudged what I was asking for, and double what I had thought wouldn't have been worth what I was asking - my mistake. This site doesn't seem to allow deleting posts, so I'm changing instead so as not to bother folks.
    Last edited by Divinity; 07-24-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

If you add another 0 to your budget you can maybe start to discuss the project with someone.

I have played Sunless Seas, it's a good aesthetic, but unfortunately the budget is much too low for a highly detailed full color isometric piece like that. You'll need another decimal place or two to get a taker for a complex city map like that, as the art is going to take 80-120 hours to create, I estimate. I would personally not take such a commission for a low price; I do know one person who does $200 city maps and that's on the extremely low end.
    Last edited by Tiana; 07-24-2021 at 04:54 AM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Yeah, I had to take a second look here. Not trying to be mean, since I understand it's hard to get an idea of how much a piece of art might cost, but many people here would probably charge your budget just to boot up Photoshop.