Thread: Avendellir - World Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Map Avendellir - World Map

Regular Version: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avendellir World Map smaller.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	5.94 MB 
ID:	130624
    Grid Version: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avendellir World Map grid smaller.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	6.21 MB 
ID:	130625

I posted this on Reddit first, but decided to dig up my old Cartographers Guild account to post here as well. It has been a hot minute since I've posted here.

So, about the map. I decided to go and touch up an old DnD world map I'd made for a homebrew campaign back in 2018. I felt that I had learned quite in a bit in the past 3 years, and I wanted to apply what I'd learned to this map, which has always been a favorite of mine. For reference, here is the older 2018 map. Quite a drastic change when you see them side by side.

Avendellir was created entirely in Photoshop from scratch, with something like 540+ layers or so. I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have regarding it's creation process, or about the world and it's geography or cultures. I have a 38 page Google doc with lots of notes about the cultures, religions, politics, history, and since this is DnD, about 50+ questlines.

And because I had to upload it as a .jpg rather than my preferred format of .png, here's a link to it where there's less compression if you are interested.

And lastly, if you have any constructive criticisms or advice, I'd love to hear it. It helps me become better at making maps
    Last edited by Larion; 07-25-2021 at 05:18 PM.