Thread: My first Novel/My first attempt at map making

Wip My first Novel/My first attempt at map making

Hi All,

So, this is my first rough sketch of the continent of Fracat, the home of Nyst (protagonist's home) and her mortal enemies Countess Bloodlett and the Autocrat of Derais.

I have no intention of finalizing this map with Inkarnate as I have a degree in illustration and have created environment assets for games so I will be utilizing Photoshop, Maya, Gaea and possibly Unreal 4 to realize this world.

With that said, I have conformed my geography to my story which in retrospect I wish I had not done, but I'm not going back. So
    if I can salvage my map I will. I have followed Artifexian to a certain degree, though I grew frustrated with tectonics and continental drift. As well, I'm not looking for academic realism, just plausibility.

In the end, worse comes to worse the map can serve as a "mind map" that I can hand off to a professional cartographer, who will understand my narrative and make the necessary alterations.

Thank you for your observations and input if possible,

Cheers Jeff

Nyst's Allies are: Haad
    Bezid
    Tuhar-Ruh
    The Second Men

Nyst's enemies are: The Bloodlett Kingdom
    The Inhabitants of Mazikadesh
    The Tuhar-Utt (enslaved in Mazikadesh/Mazzikadesh Ethereal)
    The Autocracy of Derais
    Men of the Ark

Neutral Parties:

The Dwarven Hold
    The Elves of Frost and Fire

Barbarian Hordes with no alliance are :

The Brazan Zahn, although some have modernized and are spread around the continent of Fracat.
    The Broken Bone Kin

https://ibb.co/xh6SCtq
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fracas_8.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	130767  
    Last edited by Tonka; 08-04-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Hi Jeff,

You can post images in the forums even as a new member. You have to use the "go advanced" button to reply and in there is the "manage attachments" where you can upload an image. You can then add the image inline into your post or have it at the bottom as a thumbnail.