Thread: The Discovery of The Antarctica

Map The Discovery of The Antarctica

A history map of the exploration of the then called Terra Australis. Starting with Henryk Pomp whose ship got lost in a storm and incidently got some island in sight. I enjoyed the research of all these expeditions so much. Almost forgot Robert Falcon Scott but he couldn't be left out.

I think i am missing a decoration or ornamental gene so i stick to the graphic and cool style.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antarctica.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	130779

'love how simple, yet interesting this one is. No needs for ornaments there : it's also good to just come straight to the point ! (Something James Cook never understood ^^').

Yup, simple but efficient, for sure!

I study history and i like a lot of your map.

I'll echo my esteemed colleagues, it is very simple and yet, or maybe as such, very effective. Nice!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Levtrona View Post
    A history map of the exploration of the then called Terra Australis. Starting with Henryk Pomp whose ship got lost in a storm and incidently got some island in sight. I enjoyed the research of all these expeditions so much. Almost forgot Robert Falcon Scott but he couldn't be left out.
    Hello! Great map, but a minor correction: rather than "Henryk Pomp", I think you meant "Dirck Pomp", whose story seems to line up with your map:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirck_Gerritsz_Pomp

I searched quite a while for any source that called him "Henryk" but I couldn't find anything (at least not in any English language sources - maybe this a regional/language thing?).