Thread: Möllinge

Default Möllinge

This is a commissioned map I made for a Swedish miniatures game called Hjärnor (Brains). The game takes place in a small southern Swedish fictional town named Möllinge where a Zombie outbreak happens. The map is made to look like a tourist information map you can pick up while on vacation and need to find your way around.

But the map also have a very fun and entertaining little story
    Everything that is published in Sweden has to be sent to the Swedish Royal Library where one copy of everything is saved for the future. So the game and my little map was sent there and of course my map ended up in the map department of the place. The problem they now had was that no one knew about Möllinge. They believed that the map was of a real place and just couldn't make out where it was in Sweden. So the poor librarian spent some time looking around in their archives for the name but nothing came up. In the end they figured out that it was a made up place, but I got a fine little notice on there homepage where they told the story.

Hope you like it, and don't miss to visit if you ever go to Sweden
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Möllinge.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	131161
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Hahaha. That poor librarian. I wonder what he is thinking about fantasy cartographers today .
    Really neat map though. It looks the part pretty well. I think I would choose the Simhall as my line of defense - it is one place I can actually pronounce and so I could tell other people where I am.