Thread: Hi everyone

Default Hi everyone

Greetings everyone! I am new to the forums and honestly relatively new to map making. I play a lot of TTRPG online on Fantasy Grounds Unity. I mostly play Traveller and D&D and would love to start making my own map assets. Especially Sci Fi, I am going to start watching tutorials and reading forum posts to figure this all out. Because honestly, I have NO IDEA what I am doing yet. I picked up CC3+, CD, COS, DD so I have a strong software foundation. Now I just need to know how. I will watch the recommended video tutorials on the website but any more info would be great. I am not a big computer guy, I can build the hardware but when it comes to software I get overwhelmed very quickly...

Anyway I look forward to getting to know you folks better in the coming days!

Welcome, Vayne! CC3+ can have a bit of a learning curve to it. A number of the other programs that came out in the more recent past have kind of leapfrogged it. You get a lot of power with Campaign Cartographer, but it was developed before the movement for standardization of UI elements, and can feel kind of ... dusty. Very powerful, but you have to spend some time to figure out how to work with the program, before it feels like the program will work with you. Nothing insurmountable, just be patient with yourself and give yourself a lot longer on the learning curve with the toolset until you learn to "think" in CC. I used it myself for years and years, from CC version 1, back in the day. I recently decided I was a glutton for punishment and switched to just doing things in Photoshop by hand. LOL. But I've used that almost as long, so.... just be ready. CC gives power but sacrifices a bit of 'user friendliness' because of it. Learn one program at a time in that suite, and the rest will come more and more quickly as you go.