Thread: Hand Drawn Looking for feedback...

Default Hand Drawn Looking for feedback...

Hello, I hand draw all my maps and usually draw more than I use for the game that I'm running. I'm always looking for feed back as well as new ways of improving the quality of the content that I'm putting in front of my players.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asteroid Derelict.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	709.0 KB 
ID:	118128

Name:	Asteroid Ore processing.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	118129

Name:	Cavern Encounter.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	912.8 KB 
ID:	118130
    Particularly on this last one. I'm looking for ways to improve my cliffs and other ways to enhance the layers of elevation that I like to play around with.

So I just got off of work and was curious about the Lite Challenge. So I read it and said well sure I'll try that. I'm way late for any entries but this is what I managed to slap together in about 2 hours. I think that I'll probably use it in the game sometime if my players ever end up in such a place. I am much happier with my cliffs in this one. Experimenting with different inking techniques helped a lot.

I will need to follow up with a map of the facility at some point.

Name:	Volcano Encounter.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	873.2 KB 
ID:	118149

As always feedback, criticism, and even "you suck" is completely alright. I'm always looking to improve.

There are two ways to imply distance in this instance that I can think of. The first is shading, you could get yourself a really light grey marker and shade the lower parts that way or you could try some light crosshatching with a very thin pen. You could actually do this also with watercolour paints so long as the ink you are using is waterproof, but this may buckle the page too much if you are using regular thin notebook paper. The other way is to make the floors that are closer to the viewer more detailed. So by adding more little cracks, pebbles, or other textures.

These are nice maps.

Thank you for the feed back. I'm using pretty thin graph paper so water colors would probably cause issues but I could probably hit it with some shading. I didn't even think about increasing the details of the higher points. Thank you so much!

I like yout isometric map. But something i think something is missing or differ,ent like a part is isometric and another part dont.

It just goes to show that with practice pretty much anything is possible.

Name:	z Hangar 1-3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	850.8 KB 
ID:	131208