Thread: Asheran - World Map (We all Love dragons, do we?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    You have truly become a fine artist Ren. This is lovely.

Your color usage blends very well in this one. And quite an inspired way to do the forests, it actually works amazingly well. Good job!
    A note of feedback, I see you have some floating stuff, like islands. I would suggest you give them a more pronounced shadow to sell the effect better. And where the shattered valley reaches the sea, a bit more shadows on the water by the cliffs to stop it looking like it floats. But these things are me looking at the smallest of details of the map. Nitpicking by focusing. So again, awesome job.

Oh, and I quite enjoy the vertical island chain you did close'ish to the bottom right.

xD
    Aww ! Thank you XCali for your words. I believe to be in a new phase of my artistic journey, and feeling way far from a fine artist. But for sure, my "tolerance" towards what I do, got softened. Lol.

Your suggestion is much welcome! And I will try to make more floating Islands where to apply those changes!!

And.. I'm confused? The vertical islands? Might be the green water dragon south of Droxxorah?

I forgot: Glad I could inspire with the forest. I Panick to draw them, lol. BTW this brush I have created is still a little too "Aligned". I'm still working to optimize it ;P But Seems definitely my confort brush for woods . l
    Last edited by RenflowerGrapx; 09-27-2021 at 02:54 PM.
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    Aww ! Thank you XCali for your words. I believe to be in a new phase of my artistic journey, and feeling way far from a fine artist. But for sure, my "tolerance" towards what I do, got softened. Lol.

Your suggestion is much welcome! And I will try to make more floating Islands where to apply those changes!!

And.. I'm confused? The vertical islands? Might be the green water dragon south of Droxxorah?

I forgot: Glad I could inspire with the forest. I Panick to draw them, lol. BTW this brush I have created is still a little too "Aligned". I'm still working to optimize it ;P But Seems definitely my confort brush for woods . l
    Yeah, the floating islands without real shadows makes it harder to identify them as actual floating islands.

Well, your artistic skill has really come a distance. You've done well.

It is indeed the ones south of Droxxorah. Vertical islands was the best way I could think to describe them in the moment.

And the forests, I kind of want to learn how to do it like that. For certain maps of mine, it would be perfect! Hehe.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Yeah, the floating islands without real shadows makes it harder to identify them as actual floating islands.

Well, your artistic skill has really come a distance. You've done well.

It is indeed the ones south of Droxxorah. Vertical islands was the best way I could think to describe them in the moment.

And the forests, I kind of want to learn how to do it like that. For certain maps of mine, it would be perfect! Hehe.
    If you need them, I'll be happy to share my brushes. Just DM me anytime

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings