Thread: Central Lovecraft Dreamlands, personal interpretation

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Khannea's Avatar

Default Central Lovecraft Dreamlands, personal interpretation

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dreamlands 2500.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	131272

In the 1980s I organized the obligatory D&D campaign for a lot of people. At the peak 25 people played at the same time, I organized for over a 100 people total in ten years, and I played 15+ years on and off. I made a campaign map, but retconned most aspects of thet map into a Lovecraft-analogue Dreamlands setting. I kept on playing around with photoshop file, based on old scanned paper maps and it kept on expanding beyond an semblance of sanity. It has ballooned in to an utterly senseless endeavor of 300 DPI, for a full 3 meters (300cm) wide) versus 2 meters (200 centimeters) high. I currently sell the nonfinished version at TeeSpring, but intend to finish up maximum detail tile section of 50x50 centimeters. The land coverage is not set on a planetary surface (It's a flat euclidian surface with no poles/equitor oriented climates). Essentially the central regions would be fairly recognizably terrestrial, but how futher you travel, the most magical and weird it gets. The central regions are humanist (human supremacist) ordered in a Kingdom bigger than the Roman empire, with a population an estimate of 60 million humans and (within its core borders) 40 million humanoids.

Presumably as a side effect of having been compressed to a size that's uploadable, I'm unable to read most of the labels. Would it be possible to rewrite the more important ones in a bolder font size, using white instead of black, and without black borders? (I dunno to what extent the labels are in a separate image layer which could be replaced.)
    Selden

No. It's just too big to do that. My implied agenda is to eventually print the end result, maybe for some kind of sale. So eveything is organized in layers. I can manipulate those layers but a lt is complexity management.
    Khannea

Name:	screen grab 01.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	666.4 KB 
ID:	136642

Name:	screen grab 02.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	821.2 KB 
ID:	136643

Name:	screen grab 03.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	847.0 KB 
ID:	136644
    Khannea

The level of detail & label density you got here is quite impressive.