Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unnamed Fantasy Map

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    I agree. The linework thickness of the icons and the coastline or the mountains make me think that you draw the icons after the natural background. If you draw some stuff before reducing to incorpore it in your map, you might think about that.
    Your map gives an impression of vast spaces and your elements are very well drawn. A great success in perspective.
    Thank you, yes that is definitely something to bear in mind next time! Perspective is always tricky so I am glad it was a success! Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Nice work! Love the icons and the forests too.
    I find the coastline linework just a bit strong compared to the rest of the map. I also wonder what it would look like if the rivers were blue, matching the lakes and ocean, but they are easily distinguishable so I don't think it's a big deal.
    Overall really great map!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    I agree. The linework thickness of the icons and the coastline or the mountains make me think that you draw the icons after the natural background. If you draw some stuff before reducing to incorpore it in your map, you might think about that.
    Your map gives an impression of vast spaces and your elements are very well drawn. A great success in perspective.
    In light of this feedback I have finally gotten round to editing the map, redrawing the coastlines and made the rivers blue which I am quite liking! I've also started to add some labels but names are hard and there's a lot to name here. It's slowly getting there though!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnnamedFantasyMap-WiP.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	131518

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12