Thread: Eugos and the lands of Hiyo

Map Eugos and the lands of Hiyo

Over the past couple weeks I have been developing this fantasy world through a couple of maps.
    I have always stuck to the traditional European-esque fantasies seen in the works of Tolkien and GRRM, yet this world started with my ambition to create an Eastern Asian type of kingdom (ie prominently Japanese). I have loved the ideas of Ruling families and independent governing provinces, which is exactly what I have created for Hiyo.
    Since beginning this passion project, my world has only grown and my map making techniques too. My state grew into a continent and again into a hemisphere, and now I'm working with something I have never attempted before.

Seeing that this map has taken on a spherical shape, I wanted to include the other un-named continents for my world and play with the ideas of climate and temperature. This lead me to deciding on switching the types of climate seen at the poles with the equator, a band of ice stretching across the equator seemed like such a great idea to include.

Would love to have some feedback on refining the aesthetics of my mapping or ideas to incorporate to make the world more immersive.
    regards
    -LH

ps i cant get images up?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey Lucas, did you upload them using the 'Manage Attachments' button?