Thread: Looking for battle/encounter map for my Egyptian-themed campaign

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ScribblersEmporium View Post
    The amount of work in your request would depend on a bunch of factors such as: the population, size and detail required on the map.
    Do you need the buildings identified by function or owner?

Here is a couple of WIP that gives you an idea of the style I use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MarinerCity-WIP.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	131730

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hakar-Sumek-WIP.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	131732
    I actually already made a city map, using an online tool to generate the basics and some slight modifications from there. I don't have a copy of it handy to post while at work though. It doesn't come anywhere near professional quality, but it's sufficient for now.

For this request I was looking for a battlemap/encounter map that shows a section of street that gives a similar feel to that video linked above, of tight quarters, somewhat chaotic layout, where people might appear or disappear from sight at a moment's notice. Do I need to modify the original post to make it more clear?

Thanks for your response! I'll take a look at your work, definitely, because I don't plan on the PCs staying in this city forever!
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

I found the likely problem - my subject stated "city tabletop map". I've updated it to read "battle/encounter map" instead. Sorry for the confusion!

Update: well, that doesn't seem to have updated the Thread title, just the post title....

I have definitely been away from this site for too long.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.