Thread: Looking for battle/encounter map for my Egyptian-themed campaign

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Looking for battle/encounter map for my Egyptian-themed campaign

My D&D campaign is set in a medieval fantasy version of Egypt (a fantasy Egypt that was never conquered by outside forces, so remains Egyptian instead of Persian, Greek, or Arabic). I saw this video (https://i.imgur.com/qcjfccG.mp4), and that's the feel I'd like for a map for city encounters - tight passages, small bridges/crossbeams, curved stairs leading up and down into small apartments or shops. So far I haven't found anything that does it for me.

Two questions:
    * Does anyone know of an existing map out there that gives the right feel? I don't necessarily mind paying for one if it's good enough, but I don't want to buy map packs at random hoping a good one will be in there, if you know what I mean.
    * If I were to commission one from a proficient mapper, any suggestions who to ask and how much it might cost? I used to be active on this site, but haven't done anything here in years, I'm out of touch with the mapping community. If you are a mapper and are willing to take this on, contact me with details.

My campaign plays on Tabletop Simulator, if that tells you anything. A 3D map would be amazing, but probably outside my price range.

Thanks,
    Master TMO
    Last edited by Master TMO; 11-02-2021 at 03:21 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.