Thread: The Witcher Map

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map The Witcher Map

The Witcher 3 has been one, if not the all-time favourite game in my library, and the crowning finale of the trilogy of games that I've been playing for more than ten years. I never really got around to draw a map of the continent, though, getting bogged down, then losing focus, then having a thousand other things on my plate. But with the second season of the Netflix show around the corner (and hopefully it'll be better than the first season, which in my opinion was saved and carried on the shoulders of Henry Cavill and Anya Chalotra alone) I dug up the file and finally finished my take on the setting.

Apologies about the size, but it can't be referenced locally.

Very pretty map Amazing map of a great setting!

I like how you have both Holopole and Barefield on the map, with Barefield as the region I always found Barefield as the English translation of Hołopole strange, but I guess that's because I encountered 'Hołopole' first (probably from other maps )
    Instagram - @ftwinckless | YouTube - FT Cartography | Website - freddiewinckless.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rubikia View Post
    Very pretty map Amazing map of a great setting!

I like how you have both Holopole and Barefield on the map, with Barefield as the region I always found Barefield as the English translation of Hołopole strange, but I guess that's because I encountered 'Hołopole' first (probably from other maps )
    Thank you. I've taken cues from a few established maps of the setting, so it's possible there's some overlap.

Nice and clean map !

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

One of the best Witcher maps I've seen - the colors are great, and everything is legible and clean. Have some rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Nice and clean map !
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    One of the best Witcher maps I've seen - the colors are great, and everything is legible and clean. Have some rep!
    Thank you very much!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow! It's huge! Very successful... the colours are splendid ! I would love to be able to zoom in to see the details, but the impression is fantastic! Maybe only one regret: the white underlining the coasts is too present for me, at least at this scale (I think the map is made to be contemplated as a whole on a big screen or on a large format ?)

Great map, Sebastian ! I love the submarine mountain chain a lot !