Thread: Neyasha's Mapvember 2021

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Doing a map every day sounds harder than doing Nanowrimo to be honest... good luck.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thank you all so much for your kind words! Your support really helps me to stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Doing a map every day sounds harder than doing Nanowrimo to be honest... good luck.
    Somehow it's harder as well as easier for me. With NaNo you don't need new ideas every day and it was easier to get a little bit ahead. On the other hand it's also nice that every day is a new start. I don't have to fear that I might mess up a whole novel/project.

Thankfully it's weekend now, so today everything was a bit more relaxed. The prompt is "lock" and I decided to make a map of the 14 gates of Hochosterwitz - a castle in Carinthia, Austria. If you haven't heard of it you should really look it up, it's absolutely amazing!
    Unfortunately the sepia ink acted kinda weird. It feathered horribly on the paper, but didn't want to stay on the quill - most times I could only draw one small line before I had to pick up more ink. Can ink get bad? I haven't used this one for years (and I'll probably never use it again ...)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapvember2021_06lock.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	404.4 KB 
ID:	131770
    Last edited by Neyasha; 11-06-2021 at 11:17 AM.

The first week is over! Three more to go ...

Today the prompt is "ladder" and I decided to draw a lighthouse that plays a small role in one of my fantasy stories.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapvember2021_07ladder.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	131796

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    By far I think.

Nano is what, 50k words a month and only draft quality, if memory serves me right, probably not, lol. And this is 30 maps and each finished.

This light house is my favorite so far. I like the stairs circling around, and the ladders inside.

You got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
    Nano is what, 50k words a month and only draft quality, if memory serves me right, probably not, lol. And this is 30 maps and each finished.
    You are correct. 50k, 30 days, draft quality (editing strongly discouraged during November) It's 1667 words per day. Easily done in an hour if you've planned your scene even the day before.

I like the lighthouse too though.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!