Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
Obviously all of them are candy for the eyes, but I really like the ships one (Drifthall). Quite unique and original idea.
Thanks Voolf Drifthall was the first one done for the project and set the tone.
Initially it wasn't a sure thing what style we would aim for. It could have gone more in the Odyssey direction.
As I worked on Drifthall, it just seemed like it should be stronger color, at least darker and more saturated, to convey some of the tone of the world and story being told.

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
You're really pushing the limits with these, good work, John.

IR
Thanks Adfor
Clients can play a big role in that. Some clients want a really specific thing, like a past map. Other clients push me to create new things.
Sometimes the project itself pushes my parameters. I sometimes choose to work on one project versus another based on whether it is fun and/or challenging.
Some projects are just not as interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
The drift hall is a really unique idea and the fjords have come out really well. I may need to steal some inspiration from them for future fjords I do! I think my favorite part though is the icebergs. I love how you can see them beneath the water.
I really enjoyed working on that cold sea water and the icebergs. It's so pleasing to show things above and then below water.
I do enjoy the process of rendering things, at times. Not all the time.

The coast lines were daunting. I would not want to have to do that all the time.
Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
The Grimnir map must have killed your hands but the result is a perfect call to an ominous adventure. Well done my friend ! Also, the cluster of ship would be a perfect party setup and it is a nice reinvention of city maps. You are and remain the boss
It certainly did not help my hands ;P
I am hoping it does really well. Brent has put a lot into it. And it just funded on KS, so I'll be getting into some more maps soon.