Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***November/December Challenge - Collaborative Map***

Im aling with Papierkriegerin and we gona make a partnership to make this contest map.

Yeah, like, for me since I'm doing Nanowrimo, I can't really commit to something for November but if it were until even halfway into December that'd make it more feasible.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

It's up to Arsheesh, but IMO not a bad idea to make it a six week challenge. Then we could have 2 weeks of downtime for the holidays and start up again January 2022.

I think the team map was a two-month challenge last time it was run. Nov./Dec. IIRC, ended out the year.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    I think the team map was a two-month challenge last time it was run. Nov./Dec. IIRC, ended out the year.
    On further consideration, I believe I was thinking of when Guild members specified "commissions" for each other, but that had a similar administrative issue of people having to coordinate.

It's true. The planning/coordination part with my Partner is also taking a while. And would be amazing to have the freedom to work on more details. This is a super challenge after all! I really wish to see more people joining. This theme is super interesting!
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

I mean it does make sense doesn't it? Given as there are some challenges to making a collaboration work that don't come up when you are working all alone

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

The mods are discussing... stay tuned for news on possibly extending this challenge.

Hi all, apologies for being so late to respond to the requests for an extension to the challenge. I've been a bit busy with other things and away from the Guild the last several days.

UPDATE: the mods are all in agreement that an extension is appropriate but we are still discussing what that will look like. We should have a decision by the end of tomorrow.

Cheers

Guild Member

Hello, I am late to the contest but would love to participate.
    New to map making, I use ps and bunch of other 3d software and love drawing 3d/sort of isometric style yet open to anything new. Does anyone want to partner up?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast