Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aphelyon Planet ( Commission)

Scale of it on itself is mindblowing but if you add the mastery, we just get another classic Naima map. Well done !

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    Wow.. This is incredible! Alle the attention to details. And the video is a great way to sell this amazing map!
    Thankyou very much .

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Toth View Post
    Hello Naima,

I just wanted to let you know how much I admire this work of art, and how much it inspires me to persevere with my cartography hobby. (Although I lack both the hardware and the skill to produce anything nearly as impressive!)

Did you use a pre-existing tutorial or method to create the tectonics and topography? (I'm very curious). I'm currently using Nikolai Hersfeldt's tutorial to finalize the climatology of my current WIP; I know he also has another tutorial on tectonics.

How did you create the weather features such as the hurricane, and how did you pan the camera angle? Was it created using Celestia and/or Filmora, or something far more advanced?

Again, I'm impressed to such an extent that I consider you the leader in this particular style.

Keep on conworlding!

Peter
    Hello and thankyou.

The Climate I did use a semplification of a combination of several mostly artifexian video series, I have avoided in this particular map to make both a June and January maps to create the ITCZ etc which I did for other maps because the world is quite Earthlike so i could use some experience in placing climates and biomes, so it mostly went on personal adjousting after making a main layout , I more or less can say where to place what on things like rainshadows , coastal currents etc, if I did have to make a more alien world I would instead go a little deeper to check things.

more detailed https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=27118
    Simplified https://rollforfantasy.com/guides/ma...n-climates.php
    this also is handfull , https://space.geometrian.com/calcs/climate-sim.php
    this is also usefull to check climates positioning , http://climateviewer.org/history-and...ystem-overlay/

For tectonics I have firstly drawed a desired shape, concorded with the client the features he wanted to have , made several sketches etc, then we stabilized the final one, on that I have worked the tectonics , one thing I also have understood is that nature is unpredictable and it can create the most byzarre shapes that would look unrealistic at a first glance but if you give a natural explanation it then become possible, liek for example having a heavily fractured land with random shapes like ina fractal could also be plausible , of course not for all the planet, but some areas can have a justification for that , just look at Europe for example.
    As for the Video I made it all in after effects, the Huge storm is an image of a real storm I added over a sphere, twisted in motion and added lightning highlights here and there , Camera angles are what gived me the most troubles and aren't perfect , the easing between the changes aren't as smooth as I wanted to but its the best I could do with that program , probably using a more advanced 3d tool like 3dsmax or others could have been smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Beautiful work Naima. A pleasure to behold.
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Scale of it on itself is mindblowing but if you add the mastery, we just get another classic Naima map. Well done !
    Too kind, thankyou .
    Last edited by Naima; 11-24-2021 at 06:15 AM.

You're just a reference for this kind of modern map. It's splendid, and the video is just a delightful extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    You're just a reference for this kind of modern map. It's splendid, and the video is just a delightful extra.
    Thankyou I appreciate it .

Incredible work! I'm speechless with this video! well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine.L View Post
    Incredible work! I'm speechless with this video! well done.
    Thankyou very much .

Right wow this is inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    Right wow this is inspiring!
    Thankyou a lot ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12