Thread: Greetings from Hans.

Post Greetings from Hans.

Hello everyone, I believe I have been wandered long enough until found you guys and it's so much stuff here to see! I am a graphic designer by profession and a fiction world lover (also writing my own story in mine).

For instance I do need some help on what program will be good for realistic landscaping? I am currently having a bitmap map for my fictional world (planet level), and wondering how to make it into next level with mountain ranges and erosions. Thank you!

Nice to meet you!
    Hans Soban

Blog Entries

Hello Hans, Glad to see you here and you got registered ok. There are a number of apps which will help you generate realistic terrain. Theres always a lot of work to add manually to add to make the process work unless your actually doing earth terrain. Have a look around the guild and loads of topics discuss this issue. My personal opinion is that for realistic terrain its best to steal bits of earth terrain and blend it together. But there is a wide diverse opinions on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    My personal opinion is that for realistic terrain its best to steal bits of earth terrain and blend it together.
    This is very much true.

Welcome to the guild Hans.

Thank you all! I will be doing a lot of research