Thread: Faerūn, Toril - Forgotten Realms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

To take a break from drawing roads and cities, I started labeling what I've done so far. I like the sandstone texture to separate the "map" from the labels but I'm not sure if I'll keep it - I'll probably go to a paper texture eventually.

Connecting roads to the gates is actually one of the trickier parts I didn't think of. Rarely does a regional map connect to a city map so those connections aren't always considered and I've found gates and roads on the wrong sides of rivers a few times. I'm also not quite sure how I might make seeing locations easier (or if I want to). Some of these places are only a small dot on the map with a label next to them and they can be hard to find. I've tried to add roads but with the texture, small pieces of roads are hard to see too. I was thinking I might use the black lines (as I have on the far left of this preview) but I think I'd prefer not having the map covered in those. Another idea is to circle them. It'd match the circles that I use in the forest to peek through the trees to locations beneath to canopy (not shown in the preview). *shrug* Thoughts for another time.

100% zoom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZZ-Preview-2.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	132196

Praise

Great work! I like especially the smooth graphics and the temperate pastel colours. Are you continuing to work on the Faerun map?