Thread: Milatum, Then Linnisheer District (Commission)

Default Milatum, Then Linnisheer District (Commission)

Hi Everyone

Here is my latest finished piece. This piece is a commission for Bruce Fergusson, Author of the Six Kingdoms fantasy novel series. This piece is specifically associated with the main setting of the book "Krakens Claw" and will be part of an upcoming title.

The map is done using all physical materials as outlined below
    - A3, 200gsm watercolour paper
    - Dip pen with black Windsor & newton calligraphy ink
    - Pebeo studio watercolour paints

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Milatum_Lowres.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	132161
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

That is a lot of 3D buildings! Really impressive map. The only part that kind of confuses me is the bridge(?) across the grass in the top left corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    That is a lot of 3D buildings! Really impressive map. The only part that kind of confuses me is the bridge(?) across the grass in the top left corner.
    The area that the bridge spans used to be a water passage like The Cleave but it was filled in. From my understanding of the lore the city was built on the site of a much earlier settlement and the bridges are left over from that time, I'm not sure when the space under that one was filled in though.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Beautiful map, I'm impressed by all those tiny isometric houses! Very well done!

Superb map, nicely done, especially for a traditional one ! I love how 'alive' it looks with the ships and dynamic banners... I have the feeling it will start moving soon ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine.L View Post
    Beautiful map, I'm impressed by all those tiny isometric houses! Very well done!
    Thanks, the houses definitely took a long time to draw and there are a lot of them. This map is at about the smallest scale I could manage for individual buidings.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Superb map, nicely done, especially for a traditional one ! I love how 'alive' it looks with the ships and dynamic banners... I have the feeling it will start moving soon ! ^^
    Thanks Beee. The banners are largely inspired by the style of banners on your maps so I'm glad you like them.

Damn. Yeah, that is impressive. I can't do perspective like that even with all the digital aids I have at my disposal, and you just go out and do it tradtionally! Beautiful colours and lettering too. It's so clear and easy to read. Absolutely lovely!

Can't rep you right now, but it would certainly deserve it.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

This is very nice map.

Cities are a real challenge to draw and this one feels remarkably lively.

Kudos for the traditionnal approach, it shows really good skills !
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance