Thread: Cartosia, the Dawn Lands

Map Cartosia, the Dawn Lands

Hey dear fellows !

I'm ridiculously late at posting my last maps and feel guilty about it. The last trimester of 2021 was way, way, way, waaaaay busier than I could expect and I just start to breathe again. I thought you may enjoy this map in my full color style. Drawn for Tom Cartos' Patreon (some of you may know it ! ^^), it's a traditional RPG map where you'll find a lot of places for adventure !
    Hope you'll love it ! ^^

Usual things-to-know :
    - 19x11'' 300dpi,
    - Hand made in Photoshop 21 using a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16,
    - Commissionned map for Tom Cartos.

"Map of Cartosia, the Dawn Lands" - 2021 - All rights reserved
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cartosia_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	132182

Prints available on InPRNT and on RedBubble.

Wish you a Merry Christmas !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really love the detail here. The glacier and badlands are super inspiring as well as the other tiny details!

Oh, and Merry Christmas as well!

Guild Member

Always makes my day to see another amazing work by MistyBeee!!!! Thanks once again for sharing.

Gorgeous map and a joy to look at all the lovely details; love that compass arrangement in the lower right corner! And Merry Christmas!

Always a pleasure to look at your maps , the details are really nice and dense!

Ooh, seen little snippets of this on Instagram. Nice to see the full piece! A bit more colourful than I'm used to seeing from you, but it really works! Has a nice fairy tale atmosphere to it. Amazing border too, as usual
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Wow, this one seems so bright and vibrant compared to some of your past color schemes! I really like all the cities, and the way you turned up all the mesa edges in the Badlands. It gives them a nice three-dimensionality.

I got one word for you, Misty... Gorgeous as usual.

Wait, that was three words, wasn't it?
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really love the detail here. The glacier and badlands are super inspiring as well as the other tiny details!
    Oh, and Merry Christmas as well!
    Thanks Arimel ! These are two of my favorite parts of this map, as they were so interesting to draw and paint ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SharpPointyStick View Post
    Always makes my day to see another amazing work by MistyBeee!!!! Thanks once again for sharing.
    Aww, thanks so much, Sharp' ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by OUdaveguy98 View Post
    Gorgeous map and a joy to look at all the lovely details; love that compass arrangement in the lower right corner! And Merry Christmas!
    Thank you ! ^^
    The client asked for something inspired from astrolabes for the ornamental frame. As I lacked of space for the compass, I included it in the ornaments for a better balance

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Always a pleasure to look at your maps , the details are really nice and dense!
    Thanks Naima ! This was, indeed, a very dense map !

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Ooh, seen little snippets of this on Instagram. Nice to see the full piece! A bit more colourful than I'm used to seeing from you, but it really works! Has a nice fairy tale atmosphere to it. Amazing border too, as usual
    Thanks Kell' ! he client asked for a colorful and bright map here, and it was, as always, very cool to explore another color scheme ^^

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Wow, this one seems so bright and vibrant compared to some of your past color schemes! I really like all the cities, and the way you turned up all the mesa edges in the Badlands. It gives them a nice three-dimensionality.
    Thank you jshoer !
    Drawing the badlands was maybe the most interesting part of the map. For the color, this was a specific request from the client, but I really enjoyed to paint something lighter, after all these dark commissions earlier in the year ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    I got one word for you, Misty... Gorgeous as usual.
    Wait, that was three words, wasn't it?
    Thanks so much ! Every kind word is welcome, regardless of the number of them

I love the more colorful, light-hearted style of this one.

The delicate details, the cities with their very diverse styles and of course... mushrooms !
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance