Thread: README: Mapping Challenge Rules

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think that has to be a judgment call from you, bartmoss. After all we are never going to know if a hitherto unposted map had been worked up in advance of a contest - although we may suspect

I guess a good rule of thumb might be that if you have sketched out general ideas, world building etc, then that shouldn't count as working up the map (unless the contest is specifically about world building). It's probably best to explain in your initial post how much previous work you have done if you're not sure.

I seem to upload my WIP a lot.

Do all these WIPs, at least the larger files, get deleted once the contest is over? Unless we just have lots of disk space in which case I won't worry about it.

I don't want to be a resource hog and would like to know how conscientious I need to be.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I upload lots of WIP maps myself - and No they aren't deleted afterwards. Don't worry about being a resource hog - those WIP maps you upload make for great teaching tools for people reviewing your thread, especially if comments are made by others on how to improve your map. Your updated WIPs show the progress in following the given critiques - and in a "kind of sort of" way acts as a tutorial for others to review and learn.

So don't worry about uploading lots of WIP maps - it only helps others in the long run. I do it all the time.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

How "from scratch" is a challenge entry supposed to be?