Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dec/Feb '22 Lite Challenge: Barraglom

Guild Artisan

Thank you both. Greatly appreciated. I think I am going with a deeper shadow on the bridge, make it a little higher off the water. Need to figure the road out next.

Thanks again.

Guild Artisan

Taking far too long to find something I like, but .... I think I am liking this road so far. I also rose the bridge up a little over the river.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CowAlley3aa.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	132542

I like the road tile, but it seems a bit overgrown. I would think a road that warranted a nice new bridge would be used quite a bit.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I like the road tile, but it seems a bit overgrown. I would think a road that warranted a nice new bridge would be used quite a bit.
    Good Point, I will now have to distress my bridge, lol.

Actually, once I get the road done all the way through, I will decide on how overgrown I want to make it. I may not even go with the paved look. I like them in the overgrown state, and in the small section there. But I did more last night and not quite feeling it the same. I originally wanted to go dirt. So time will tell, for now I will keep the rocks and see how it shakes out. If I don't use the look here, I will elsewhere, I am sure.

That is the biggest problem I have with the photo realistic; you can always do better. I have a lot of houses, some yours, some from Dundjinni, and beyond, but still, I feel the need to create or mess with ones specific to the map. Example, I really like my new brown house, but it's too new feeling for the map I am going for. Thats the problem with emulating nature, you can never, ever get there, lol. But honestly that's the part I like of mapping this way.

Guild Artisan

Worked on the road a bit. At least got the main part of the road in, saved it a couple ways. 1) Similar to the last post, very over run, and then 2) this one, not as overgrown, it's not as bad as I had feared it would be. I thought it might be too pristine, but it works for me for now.

Not 100% on the width of the road, it may have gotten too wide, but it's just a matter of growing some more grass to cover some of the stones.

It is on to the bisecting road which will be dirt as it's not as widely used.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CowAlley3aa2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	132548

I like the road this way.

Guild Artisan

Thanks, Bogie. Of course right after I posted that I saved it at 1/4 the size Sadface.

I have added the road back in, and came up with a dirt road I like. Its not 100% of course, still work to do, break it down some, etc, make it more worn like the stone road. But its a start.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CowAlley5A.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	132609

We have all probably done it before, but it still sucks when we save the wrong thing.

Guild Artisan

Not sure what is going, most be forgetting to save. I posted last night but nothing. the 2nd time with this challenge.

Anyhoot. Worked on the upper road, and added some life to the river.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CowAlley55.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	132618

Guild Member

This is looking so nice, the only thing I would say it bump up your ground shadows under the foliage. Your shadows under the bridge are dark and crisp and I think you can carry that same weight under the trees. Also, I think you may want to pick a directional light source so all of your 3D surfaces are casting shadows in the same direction. Maybe the bridge should have a shadow on one side only?.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast