Thread: Kingdom of Arn [WIP]

Wip Kingdom of Arn [WIP]

Hello guild.

After some time I want to share with you my new project. Some time ago I have started to think about making some complex worldbuilding. I have already tried few times in history, but always failed because i started too big. First it was world, than it was continent and i never finished it. But now i will be starting new DnD campaign and told myself that i will do it differently this time. Campaign will take place only in one kingdom and the worldbuilding will happen automatically as byproduct of preping for sessions.

Anyway, what both of the thing need for a start is some nice map. So here i will be sharing with my progress. My first thought about style of the map was that i want to make it full color, but first a need anything to start planning the campaign.

Firstly i had some great fun with thinking about the shape of the map and creating totally free sketch. i have redraw it many times and down you can see the final result. Also i am posting first progress pic. There you can see that i got carried away with coat of arms of one of five main kingdom houses. It will probably get changed but i had fun to draw them.

Hope you will like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingdom_of_Arn_00.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	132437
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Kingdom_of_Arn_01.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	3.97 MB 
ID:	132438

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Okay, I'm gonna follow this one closely! Looking stellar, Andarr.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Thanks for the nice comment Caenwyr...

here is some update, I felt that the map would need some more work, so i did another sketch and filled a little bit more lineworking.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Kingdom_of_Arn_02.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	4.01 MB 
ID:	132539

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Looking good! It's interesting to follow this process!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Thanks again, glad you like it, here is another update and its last for some time, because now i have linework completed, i need to focus on some worldbuilding stuff and after that will come coloring.

I had to make some changes especially on the shape of a coast which made a huge difference in my opinion. Anyway hope you like it.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Kingdom_of_Arn_04.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	3.13 MB 
ID:	132612

This looks great. It is interesting to go through and watch the map evolve. I love the art style.

Nice redraw. This map looks really good. I'm looking forwars to the finished product.
    View my website and Instagram