Thread: @nd attempt at world creation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

I have now added a southern continent to the map to fill in the massive gap at the bottom:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xeon Master-01.2_small.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	782.3 KB 
ID:	132536

Again any feedback would be much appreciated folks

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xeon Master-01.2_small (Currents) (Image).png 
Views:	74 
Size:	4.35 MB 
ID:	133567

Ocean currents, done! It looks like the southern continent, Zaethyr, will have a cold circumpolar current (alliteration ftw), with some of the cold currents going back up alongside Qashqavand to join the equatorial currents, and thus warm back up. I have one concern though. In our Earth, when currents go west, depending on the shape of the coast and the Coriolis Effect at about 30 degrees for the Westerlies and about 60 degrees for the Easterlies, the currents will go more upward to about 45 degrees for the Westerlies and 70 degrees for the westerlies. This is why the Gulf Stream happens. Because of the shape of the coast of North America, the currents accelerate more, like a skateboard.

Here's a Wikipedia article about Western Intensification: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boundary_current

The main question is, will the warm current flowing Xaron'a make a Gulf Stream like current? I don't think so. It's been great making this map and I was actually going to draw more complex currents, like the individual lines, but I realized it wasn't necessary and went for a simpler style.

Red: Warm Currents
    Blue: Cold Currents
    Last edited by WoodytheClimateGuy; 05-30-2022 at 08:29 PM.