Quote Originally Posted by KaiAeon View Post
Oooooh lovely!
Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
This is looking really good so far, I look forward to seeing where you take it.
Glad you like it. I have made a bit of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Draghetto View Post
I love the 3D rendering! You're doing a very good job!
Thanks. It was pretty hard. T_T and I'm not sure I'll be able to do some of the things I wanted to do with it especially in the time frame, because I have so much to learn.

Now we have the decorative goddess themed frame. Still no text, and I have mixed feelings, this is the 3rd draft of the frame. The lurid green is not optional, Lady Fate is known as the Green Lady for a reason!
### Latest WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carmen map frame3 small watermarked.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	427.3 KB 
ID:	132796

If I go with this, I just have to add text and the tour routes and a little boat to finish.

If you're wondering what I discarded...

Name:	carmen map draft1.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	132797

I really liked this initial sketch for the frame, but when I tried to turn the sketch into a frame that made sense, well, it just ended up not. I also did really like the flat color for the goddess, more than the cartoon but I wasn't sure people could parse it well enough, because in my experience the more abstract I get, the more confused people get, and the pose is a bit vague with the foot positioning (though I did use the 3D model reference in Clip Studio Paint so it should be more or less 'correct').

Name:	carmen map frame small gngh.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	968.8 KB 
ID:	132798
Then I did this effect to try for one more go at the Celtic knotwork kind of framing and well, again, I liked it but it doesn't fit this style of map as well as I'd hoped. I might release that piece later into my thread of free things.

Still, I have mixed feelings about the ribbon explosion cartoon goddess variation. But that's where it's at.