Thread: Hello! Glad to be here!

Default Hello! Glad to be here!

Hi there! ヾ(•ω•`)o

I'm Cadfael, he/him, and I'm from the UK. I've been interested in fantasy and science fiction for as long as I can remember -- for example, my longest-running special interest is dragons -- and for a few years now I've been dipping my toes in cartography and worldbuilding. I've gone from pencil sketches in the margins of my school notes, to fineliner pens in a dedicated sketchbook, and now I'm using a Wacom tablet and Clip Studio Paint to do everything digitally (though I still scribble on the back of receipts with a biro, when I'm bored at work).

I can't wait to share what I've done, and what I'll do in the future, and get to know people here! ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ
    (Though I apologize in advance for any mistakes I make, I'm not used to forums.)

Welcome to the Cartorapher's Guild Cadfael! It may take a little while to find your way around the forums, but it is pretty simple.

I saw your question about different settings, you have to have 5 posts before you have full access to the Forums.
    It's not hard to do that, look around the forums a bit and tell 4 more people what you like about their maps and you will be ready to go.
    If you have any other problems just ask and someone should get back to you.
    Happy Mapping

Blog Entries

Hi Welcome to the guild. I too checked out your forum permissions about the settings and I would also advise that you make 5 posts which are approved by moderators and then you get promoted to full member where no doubt many more forum options will be open to you.
    So in the mean time, post some pictures of dragons and other stuff that you might have done so far and we will get to your 5 posts in no time.

Also, is Cadfael an internationally known character ? For those not in the UK, he is a fictional character on TV as a monk who solves murder mysteries.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 02-22-2022 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Welcome to the Cartorapher's Guild Cadfael! It may take a little while to find your way around the forums, but it is pretty simple.

I saw your question about different settings, you have to have 5 posts before you have full access to the Forums.
    It's not hard to do that, look around the forums a bit and tell 4 more people what you like about their maps and you will be ready to go.
    If you have any other problems just ask and someone should get back to you.
    Happy Mapping
    Ah! Thanks for the advice, greatly appreciated. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Hi Welcome to the guild. I too checked out your forum permissions about the settings and I would also advise that you make 5 posts which are approved by moderators and then you get promoted to full member where no doubt many more forum options will be open to you.
    So in the mean time, post some pictures of dragons and other stuff that you might have done so far and we will get to your 5 posts in no time.

Also, is Cadfael an internationally known character ? For those not in the UK, he is a fictional character on TV as a monk who solves murder mysteries.
    Thanks for the advice!

I actually heard the name from my mum - she's a big fan of the Brother Cadfael books, the tv show is an adaptation. I chose it because it's Welsh (I wanted a name that reflects my heritage) and because I wanted a name that sounded cool, haha. If I recall correctly, it means something like "warrior prince" or "warrior lord".