Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
This is looking great Ian. I love your style, it's so unique and charming.

I hope the commission work goes well for you also. This type of work can be quite good for helping you keep focused due to having a client that you are accountable to. Knowing there is someone out there who is expecting you to complete the work can be a very good motivator.
I like that type of motivation, especially when there is a sort of excitement on the commissioner's end, that makes all the effort I put into the map so much more exciting as well.

I'm glad you like it Will, I've been working on achieving a level of polish that is admirable. I've found that my work gets "charming" a lot, which I'm quite alright with me, it's a wonderful compliment, and seems to be the style I've found for myself. It's exciting personally to have found a definitive look that seems to travel from piece to piece. I try to do something different with every map, something out of my comfort zone, as it helps determine what I like and don't like. The forests for example are a new one, couldn't help but try out Impractical Cartographer's forest style, just to see how I'd like it. That's why I love this forum, exposure to different techniques.

Anyhoo, here's an update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220227_025307041.MP.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	6.61 MB 
ID:	132885

Couldn't help but to put a border on it. It will be framed, so I wanted a touch of illustration. A compass rose is to come, brainstorming which I finish up the border. Still thinking of a name for it, which will probably be the only labeling on the map, other than the mile marker. It's been fun so far!

IR