Thread: Unsure how to progress, help?

Wip Unsure how to progress, help?

Hello! I've been stuck staring at this for almost a week and I have no idea what to do next, or quite what's bugging me about it. I'd absolutely love some feedback and help!
    I think I'd like to make it more saturated? And I both love and hate how the linework looks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	province scale linework lower.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	6.50 MB 
ID:	132873

In terms of the linework it looks like you've used a top-down style to draw the forests while also using an isometric style to draw the mountains. I imagine the image would look more coherent if you used the same style for both elements. The mountains are maybe also a bit on the small side compared to the other elements.

In terms of the colour, what you have looks fine but it just looks unfinished. You have a flat base colour so the next step would be to go back in and darken the areas in shadow which will make the whole landscape look much less flat very quickly.

What materials have you used to colour the image? looking closely it looks like you may have used watercolours but I can't quite tell for certain.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.