Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I mark a gig as [TAKEN] on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I can't do anything about the permissions as I'm not an admin, but I can at least get rid of the words "photo based" in that thread title.
    Thanks Kell, I appreciate it! I know you are only a moderator and can't fix it, no worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Unless I am missing it, I don't think there is an option to have any non moderator edit the thread title.
    Totally possible, although it might be too much of a pain to fix. Once upon a time someone must have intentionally set it that way.

This is where you find the usergroups... there should be a way to adjust which specific permissions are granted to a usergroup by opening up the default settings and changing it from being usergroups based on the standard user to a unique setup... but I'm more used to the phpBB back end so I don't know how to walk you through it.
    https://www.fastcomet.com/tutorials/...age-usergroups

Edit missed this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I really thought that the original poster starting a thread had ownership of it but it appears not. Looking through all of the permissions per membership type none of them have anything about editing thread title. Whereas there are permissions to allow or deny the option of editing your own post title - which is set to allow (for guild members).
    I wonder if it's something to do with how we have the advancement through different tiers as our post/reputation count grows and the ability to put yourself in a new usergroup, for example I set my usergroup to appear as 'professional artist' once upon a time in my profile and some people have 'publisher'... those categories might cause permissions to be different from the permissions set to 'guild members'.

In my search I found that editing thread titles only appears under moderator permissions but the person who had answered the other person's post back in like 2009 answered with an image that showed where it was, and the image is now no longer available. T_T

Honestly it's probably not active enough here to be a big deal, I just hate having to ask people to do things for me. XD
    Last edited by Tiana; 03-04-2022 at 05:26 PM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12