Thread: Map for Fantasy Novel WANTED

Default Map for Fantasy Novel WANTED

Hello all!

I am looking to commission a black and white map for the re-release of a book I wrote in 2005. I have a hand sketched map that I did (very badly) and would like it to be turned into something people would actually enjoy looking at, haha. I don't really know what the going rates are for things like this...I'd like to keep the cost under $300 if possible.

I want the sketch followed since it is referred to in the book but I don't mind you using "creative license" for the overall feel/style of the art.

If anyone is interested, I can send you the rough sketch I have.

Neil

I'm sure you'll find multiple interested people. You can count me among them. I have a fantasy map portfolio you can refer to for examples of my work.

In most cases, my novel sized maps are under $300, unless they're with custom calligraphy instead of a font or you want full rights to the art to use as you see fit ongoing, instead of a single commercial license for the re-release, or a complex city map. Without seeing your sketch I can't give you a quote yet, but if you send it to me and let me know the print dimensions of your book and if the map is to be 1 or 2 pages on the book, I can give you a fixed quote.

Happy to jazz up the map while keeping true to your original vision.

My contact information is in the signature graphic and there's a form on my site you can use as well.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hi Disco_Grinch,

count me interested. I'm an experienced freelance cartographer, having worked with small publishing houses, successful Kickstarter campaigns, writers and RPG enthusiasts from all over the world. Check out my portfolio and references here, and my extended portfolio here. Working sketches into great maps is basically what I've been doing for the better part of the last decade - and in case of B&W maps it's usually under your stated budget, too!

Here are a few examples:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	de960jm-ac802a13-0613-4e82-8623-29db3c20e6bb.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	455.5 KB 
ID:	132987 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thyrr_by_stratomunchkin_dc1kkhl-fullview.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	344.7 KB 
ID:	132988 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dbvirix-e56d3467-5162-43cd-a9d8-7156f92315cb.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	132989

Looking forward to hearing from you!

best regards

Wired
    Last edited by Wired; 05-11-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Hello Neill,

I've got several years' experience in hand-drawn maps, and my portfolio is here. I can also add in illustrated cities and other landmarks - if my style suits, you can send your sketch to ryan@ryansthomason.com and I'll get you a quote.

Hi Disco_Grinch,

I am interested in this commission.

I’ve already worked with multiple published authors that, just like you, had a previous sketch that needed to be followed due to the story.

Check out my portfolio of fantasy maps and if you are interested send me an email at TheFantasyMapsForge@gmail.com

Hi Neil,

I have a variety of styles for fantasy maps mainly using vector programmes, most of which can be suited to black and white maps. You can check out my map portfolio to see examples of my maps.

If you're interested in any of my styles or anything, feel free to email me at freddie.winckless@gmail.com

Hope your search goes well

Cheers,
    Freddie
    Last edited by Rubikia; 03-08-2022 at 09:33 AM.
    Instagram - @ftwinckless | YouTube - FT Cartography | Website - freddiewinckless.wordpress.com

Hi Neil

I would be interested in this commission. You can view my past work on my gallery and see further commission information and testimonials from my past work here.

If you are interested in my work you can contact me through the form on the commissions page or email me at minishcartography@gmail.com
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Guild Novice

Hey there Neil! I’m LeslieAnn, a cartographer over at Lizard Ink Maps. I specialize in hand drawn digital maps, in a range of styles.

I am very interested in this project as this sound well within my wheelhouse. I love to take a bit of creative freedom while staying true to your original vision. If you would like to check out my portfolio, you can find that here.

If you would like to get into contact you can reach me at leslieann@lizardinkmaps.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers!
    LeslieAnn

Guild Journeyer

Hello Neil,

My name is Endi and I'm interested in working on your project

You can find my work at:

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart

If you're interested hit me up via those pages or send me an email

endi.oblak93@gmail.com

Cheers

Guild Member

Hello Disco_Grinch,
    I am limon and I am not experienced as most of the people around here but I would like to help you with your map.

my portfolio:

https://www.artstation.com/alibarbar

And you can contact me via:

alicaglarbasaran@gmail.com