This was originally my entry for the Dec./Feb. 2021-22 Lite Challenge and the final entry in my map challenge marathon of doing every Guild challenge issued in 2021. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to work on final polishing at the end of the challenge period. At this point, since I'm no longer pressed for time, I will be adding a second map of the surface above the hidden temple (which, I suppose, pedantically should be in Building/Structure Mapping, but it's a package and the dungeon is the main feature).

The challenge was to redo a map from one of two random generators, one of which did dungeons and the other villages. Village maps dominated the challenge, which was pretty popular. I however, went with a dungeon map, this one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hidden_temple_of_the_purple_master.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	133028

In my initial post, I commented:
The name suggests an unusual color scheme for a dungeon map. While the text incorrectly uses "specie" where "species" is meant, the presence of mushrooms provides an additional basis for elaboration of the dungeon with fungal growths. The layout is sufficiently large and varied to provide adequate scope for a two-month challenge, but not so big as to be daunting. The apes are a reasonable addition, too, as long as one approaches the place with sufficiently pulpish attitude. All in all, it's a pretty cool place to start. In fact, it might even fit into the same world as the "Rivdanalli Port" and "Treehouse Island" challenge maps I did for the first two lite challenges last year. Gonna do some lore!
And, indeed, I have been developing the lore with that world in mind, though things will be described here in general terms, if anyone wants to use this as an adventure scenario in your own game, though the combination of magic and technology may require some heavy tweaking for many systems.

I did get my adaptation to my practical, old-school mapping style completed to my satisfaction. There is some slight tweaking to the original layout, but it is essentially the same map. I have had to interpret some of the symbology of the original that could have been clarified with a general dungeon key for the program output (though the lack of definition leaves more freedom in development, so I don't necessarily consider that a flaw).

Name:	hidden_temple_of_the_purple_master.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	274.6 KB 
ID:	133029

This is what I had by the time the challenge ended:

Name:	hidden_temple_of_the_purple_master.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	5.05 MB 
ID:	133030