Thread: Fantasy map wanted for novel.

Help Fantasy map wanted for novel.

Hi. I am looking for someone who could make me a map for a fantasy world. I have no clue how to make a map or how to name it and the places, but I have a few ideas that I want to incorporate into it. If you're interested, we can come to some agreement on working together! Thanks

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hi there,

count me interested. I'm an experienced freelance cartographer, having worked with small publishing houses, successful Kickstarter campaigns, writers and RPG enthusiasts from all over the world. Check out my portfolio and references here, and my extended portfolio here.

Ideally you should be able to answer the following questions:

-- how large is the map supposed to be (pixels/inches/centimeters)?

-- when do you need it finished?

-- black & white or colored?

-- for commercial or private use?

and

-- do you have a sketch, as basic as it might be?

Feel free toc heck out my work, and if you're interested shoot me a mail to mail@foreignworlds.net

best regards
    Wired

Hello A, I have several years experience in making hand-drawn maps for print, and my portfolio is here: https://www.ryansthomason.com/maps/. If my style suits, I can be reached at ryan@ryansthomason.com.

Hi I might be interested as a 2d/3d artist , here is my cartography portfolio...

https://www.deviantart.com/n-a-i-m-a...aps-and-worlds

https://www.deviantart.com/n-a-i-m-a

Greetings Authorkd!

If my style is satisfactory, I would love to help.

My portfolio: https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...p?albumid=5607

You can contact me here: josiahwoodwright(at)gmail.com

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Hi authorkd,

I am interested in this commission.

Check out my portfolio of fantasy maps and if you are interested send me an email at TheFantasyMapsForge@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by authorkd View Post
    Hi. I am looking for someone who could make me a map for a fantasy world. I have no clue how to make a map or how to name it and the places, but I have a few ideas that I want to incorporate into it. If you're interested, we can come to some agreement on working together! Thanks
    By the sound of it, you need more than just a map illustrated, but the details besides the few places you need to be filled in as well. Feel free to check out my fantasy map portfolio. If you like what you see, know that I do specialize in "making stuff up" for people just like you who have say, a few important cities and you know a river goes through this city and that one's in the mountains but all of the rest of it is a confounding mystery. I can even make up place names. You'll see examples of this in my portfolio but here's a recent example of a map where my client brought me a few specific details and then I made up a bunch of place names and filled in some other details to flesh it out. For example, they knew the north western continent was going to be a shattered island mass with a specific name, surrounded by two crescent shaped larger islands, but they didn't have place names for the fill. They knew the north eastern continent was going to be plains on one side and mountains on the other side, and that the names should be themed after giants, with specific names for a couple of locations such as the Skyfall. Every continent's overall feeling and scale comes from the client's wishes, but they had an average of 3 specific place names / locations of importance on each continent and a general feeling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pinkish thought world text watermarked.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	701.8 KB 
ID:	133061

If that's the kind of state you're in, where people are asking "do you have a sketch" and you're like "uh... the story is about these three cities in a kingdom surrounded in a white blank except for the one opposing kingdom I named... there are giants who live there though so it needs to have enough space for them to walk around, you know?" I can help. You don't even have to hire me to complete the map if you like someone else's art better, I am available to hire to consult to fill up the space and get it to "a sketch" that someone else could work with!

Contact info is in the signature, send me as much of your written information as you have available that might help me understand your world and help to set the tone!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Novice

Hi there! My name is LeslieAnn, and I’m a cartographer over at Lizard Ink Maps! I am interested in this project, and would love to help you out with any aspects of creating, naming, and/or producing the perfect map for your needs! If you’d like to take a look at my portfolio you can find that here.

If you are interested and would like to talk further about rates, completion dates, idea, and more, you can reach me at leslieann@lizardinkmaps.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
    LeslieAnn

Guild Journeyer

Hello,

My name is Endi and you can find me work at:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

If you're interested hit me up via those pages or vie e mail

endi.oblak93@gmail.com

Cheers!