Thread: Fantasy "dragon world" maps for future novel

Map Fantasy "dragon world" maps for future novel

I need (2) maps of four continents (one “empire”) that are vaguely shaped like the head, wings, and heart of a dragon. I have a rough sketch and thoughts about topography, but I need a cartographer who’s comfortable having some creative freedom. Experience with bold color schemes (reference) is appreciated but not necessary! I am also commissioning a conlang, so the ability to adjust names in the future or receive a numbered version, with or without an additional fee, is again appreciated but not necessary.

I’m unfamiliar with specs beyond 300dpi. One version (black and white) is for a 2-page spread in a 5x8 novel. The second version (full color) is for digital use. I’m still in the planning stages and will probably self-publish, so a flat fee for commercial rights can be discussed. Copyright remains with the cartographer and will always be attributed.

My upper budget is $750-$1000 USD for both maps, with or without commercial rights. Paying 50% up front, 50% upon completion via PayPal is preferred, but I can pay-in-full with the understanding that work will be completed within an agreed upon amount of time.

This is my first post and my first time commissioning a map, so please don’t hesitate to ask questions or correct my estimates! I can be contacted at jur4ssicparkour(at)gmail(dot)com. Please use the subject “Four Souls Map.”

Hi jur4ssicparkour,

Just sent you an email, hope your search goes well!
    Instagram - @ftwinckless | YouTube - FT Cartography | Website - freddiewinckless.wordpress.com

You've got mail
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Novice

Email sent!

Cheers!
    LeslieAnn

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

You've got mail.

I've found my cartographer. Thank you so much to everyone for your interest! There are so many incredibly talented cartographers here!!