Thread: Update on an existing map

Default Update on an existing map

Hello cartographers, second ever post here.

Last time, about four or so years ago, I requested a map for my DnD game, which somebody graciously made for free. And that particular game has evolved far beyond what I had originally planned, and as such, I would love to update the world map with proper scales and updated cities. (see below, and feel free to look around the rest of the world I have created.)
    https://www.worldanvil.com/w/eidos-v...1-4c50c4c85d7b

I should also mention that I added the [Paid?] tag simply because I am not a rich person and the ammount I can spare for an update is around 10 dollars, which I would say is not worthy of the time spent doing said update. I look at it as a tip I will give to the map-maker that would like to take this project.

Now onto the meat of it. My main gripe with this continental map is that the scale does not feel right to me (and my players), looking much smaller than I actually decided to make the place.
    I imagined that Eidos is roughly 1800 km at its widest points and around 3000 km long, from the Frostbite Mountains down to the southern shore-line. For this scale, things like the Ironpine woods look immense, while other places look barren and devoid of life. I was thinking a good way to make that scale more appropiate would be add more details along the places, more rivers, mountains, villagers, major roads, maybe a swamp-land somewhere and other landmarks. I am open to all kinds of suggestions on how to make this world seem bigger though.

The artstyle does not need to be similar to the old one by any means, just for it to fit a general fantasy theme.

I can provide additional maps I made myself for whoever has the kind heart to aid me in this project as well as further information, this is a more general post to see who would be interested in it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I hope to hear from you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eidos.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	133090  
    Last edited by Varonno; 03-24-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Map Have fun!

Hi!

Had some time and wanted to do it.

Edit: I saw a little error with 2 mountains, so here is v2.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eidos_v2_Color_.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	5.29 MB 
ID:	133094

Line art
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eidos_v1_Lineart_.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	133092

Some Icons
    Name:  Possible_Icons_2022.png
Views: 113
Size:  8.6 KB

Would be cool to hear what kind of stories come off of this. Post on my thread if you want. Here

Hope you all have some grand adventures!
    Cheers,
    Omri

P.S. I havent gotten to the names. But, like this you can add them as you want anyway. Although, shout if you me to add them.
    Last edited by XCali; 03-24-2022 at 09:29 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Hello there, this looks amazing. I really like it. It does indeed come across as being a bigger world. I will present it to my players after i have added the towns. I will be sure to let you know what they think of it