Thread: Looking for criticism and tips on my Maps

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Wip My Worldbuilding Journey towards a climate map

This is my first official post on the Guild, so I would like to say hello! Anyways, I have been on my worldbuilding journey with the goal of creating a somewhat accurate climate map, and I have completed the step of making my map, or at least the first version. I plan to update my map once I get Adobe in order to make my maps more high quality and detail. Anyways, this is my map now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Earth 96639 Vectors Revised (With Lakes).png 
Views:	46 
Size:	1,014.1 KB 
ID:	133178

NOTE: Please do not do my map for me. That would be just unrewarding for me to just have some one do the work for me instead of doing it myself. I am just looking for some tips and criticism. Once I get Adobe, I plan to add things like mountains, rivers, and other additional things. I hope I can interact with more people on the Guild because I know this is a fun place to be. Thanks!
    Last edited by WoodytheClimateGuy; 04-08-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Guild Member

I like the shapes on your map, just wondering did you base the shapes on tectonics or just random?

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Thank you! As for your question, the landmasses were made using various landmass brushes as well as correcting it on Blender, because when translating the equirectangular map to a globe, some of the landmasses end up looking stretched or don't connect with one another. But yes, I have used G-Plates to create some plates and did the direction so I can get my ridges and mountains, although I have to add in more mountains island based on the hotspots and directions. But when I'm done with that, I plan on posting it to the thread. So, stay tuned!

Guild Member

I certainly will, looking forward to see your project progress