Thread: Jupiter Trojans prior to the War of the Trojan Vespers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Jupiter Trojans prior to the War of the Trojan Vespers

Hi all,

For the past year, I have been working on a sci-fi project called Lost Heavens, which among other things features an isolationist Manichaean theocracy occupying the moons of Jupiter. I have only ever finished and released maps relating to this, as it is a notable part, but I wanted to expand the setting a lot further.

The general idea of this setting is to give off the same sense of scale as you would in a galaxy-spanning space opera, but confine it to just our solar system. I think that the vastness of our solar system is greatly underapreciated in sci-fi, save for the Expanse, so I wanted to focus on that. While the Expanse is a big inspiration, I think that, for what I am going for, there are too few factions, too few inhabited places, and too few factions, so I wanted to have our solar system bustling with inhabited asteroids, space stations, and nations.

That brings me to this map I have been working on on and off since the start of March, depicting the Greek Camp of the Jupiter Trojans. I took data from the Small-Body Database and drew it on Inkscape, and I plan on also adding allegiances/investments from companies and countries, since this is currently at the first stage. This map is of the Greek Camp before the 'War of the Trojan Vespers', which was a war waged by the Trojans against the Luxembourg Commonwealth who had been exploiting the asteroids at the edge of Inner Space for many years. I took inspiration from the real world War of the Sicilian Vespers for this.

WIP
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jupiter Trojans.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	648.5 KB 
ID:	133180
    Last edited by Rubikia; 04-07-2022 at 11:58 AM.
    Instagram - @ftwinckless | YouTube - FT Cartography | Website - freddiewinckless.wordpress.com