Quote Originally Posted by Peter Toth View Post
Personally, even if I had a supercomputer outfitted with the most accurate climate modelling software available, I still wouldn't be completely satisfied because the tectonics--the foundation on which my conworld lies--is based on my very simplistic understanding of the subject. I'm sure this is Charerg's specialty, but in my case I have to confess my ignorance about whether the tectonic history I've depicted for Gigantica is plausible. I have over a dozen plates moving in various directions, but would those motions actually occur in real life on a planet so different from the Earth? Because I can't be certain, I'm not inclined to max out on the climatological accuracy, although perhaps in the future, when I've learned more of the science, this will change. Personally, I would appreciate a program that could simulate plate tectonics like Tectonics.js, but with much better resolution and accuracy. However, that kind of ruins the fun of worldsmithing.

Here's another rendering of my first continent, which I'm continuing to develop due to a little bout of perfectionism. Thank you Turambar and Naima for the feedback regarding the "erodedness" of my mountains. I've taken that into consideration and significantly reduced my iterations of precipitation erosion. I'm wondering if this is perhaps an improvement over the last, although I'm still in doubt over the continental shelves and bathymetry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reta Continent4.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	133860

Let me know.

Peter
I think now are perfect what algorythm did you use for those?

As for the shelves I think depends on the direction of the tectonic movements and if there are other continents around.