Well, I am a Community Leader, so I feel like I can speak with some authority here.

We don't have a problem with fan-art as long as the fan-map is made by you. By my understanding, re-drawing of a map is still considered an original work if you are the person who drew it, even if the initial design of the world was created by someone else. We've accepted fan maps of Middle-Earth and other popular worlds (I myself have made a map of my favourite setting, Le Guin's Earthsea a few years back and posted that on the forums too) for years, and don't really see any reason why we'd suddenly make a U-turn on that. The "original work only" rule is there more to stop people from taking a piece drawn by someone else, slapping a Photoshop filter on it and going on to claim the work as their own, which unfortunately around the web happens all the time.

And as a general note, nobody tends get chastised for much around here unless they are going out of their way to be rude and disrespectful to anyone. We're a very friendly and relaxed community here, so no need to worry too much. At the very worst you might have someone politely point it out to you if something you do is against the rules. And you're always welcome to ask if anything feels unclear.

So share away, my friend! Any additional concerns, just holler.