Introduction/background:

I have been building and rebuilding an alternate Earth as my response to our current environmental crises--droughts, fires, desertification, hot winters, non-white Christmases, to name a few. Currently, I am rewriting the canon so that it would make better sense geologically. The details are apparently too vast to post in one thread, so please, bear with me. The book I intend to write about that world has not yet been published, as I still have no idea how to format a Word document into a coffe-table-style picture book, so the window is still open.

Project scope:

A book written in the style of a nonfiction book, reflecting not just the geography of this project, but also its biology and, eventually, its cultures. Anyone who makes this map will be credited in the book--I'd be remiss not to.

Setting:

Alternate Earth 111, known to the average Joe as "Great Lakes Earth".

Design concept:

An equirectangular scientifically realistic projection of the world map. Target style similar to this reference: (https://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-m...ps/image_large) Oceans are left in plain blue. Full details in the subsequent threads because they exceed the 20,000-word limit, so please, be patient.

Number of maps:

Three in total, each of the same alternate Earth. One for the geographic elevation relief, one for the ocean currents and one for the climate using the Köppen classification system.

Technical:

Either PNG or JPG
72 inches maximum width
Full color

Copyright:

Remains with cartographer.
Publisher retains right to reproduce the maps in the setting sourcebook and for promotional materials.

Deadline:

Not set. Don't want to raise stress on both sides. However, as far as payment goes, the window will close on October and reopen on New Years. The next closure will be during the 40 days of Lent. The rest of the year, however, I will be available to pay.

Design process:

Stage 1 – initial concept sketch – once approved
Stage 2 – A 50% design development submittal for review – once approved
Stage 3 – A 90% design development submittal for review – once approved
Stage 4 – Final Maps

Payment:

$180 per stage, payable via PayPal.

walkingwithmerlin(at)gmail(dot)com