Quote Originally Posted by Tiluchi View Post
Posting another semi-yearly update on this, now that I've finally made some progress on doing a shaded relief map. Still pretty much a novice at Photoshop so this is the result of a great deal of trial and error with lighting effects and various filters. Still need to go through and work on some of the climate boundaries to make the map look a little more "natural" but I'm starting to be happy with the general style. I'm not going to be able to make the detail necessary for a proper realistic-looking DEM so instead I tried to make the shaded relief a little more artistic- sort of like the older style of physical maps National Geographic used to put out (albeit not nearly as good).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rheia_physical.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	137197

On a related note, has anyone using Mac OS had any luck recently using G.Projector? Mine crashes as soon as I open it. Have tried re-installing numerous times but it's always the same problem. Kind of a drag as I'd like to have the final product in a more aesthetically pleasing projection than equirectangular...
Looks very good congratulations!