Quote Originally Posted by Tiluchi View Post
Thanks Woody! The most helpful resource for me was the Worldbuilding Pasta GPlates tutorial, which shows basically everything you need for figuring out rifts, aging of orogenies, etc. As I mentioned in my first post my main point of difference was starting "only" about 400 million years ago, as that's the earliest you can generally expect plate tectonics to impact present-day topography. I do very much hope that this is my last major worldbuilding project of this type, considering the hundreds of hours of hard work it took to get to this point! I hope to move on to actually writing stories in this world once I get to the point where I'm comfortable with it, as that's sort of the end goal of all of this. If I do one in the future, it will hopefully be after there are many more easily-accessible tools for modeling tectonics, climate, topography, etc.

Thanks Harrg! Indeed, it does seem as if many folks of our type have stopped posting although I do hope that changes. It's a bit surprising as there seem to be more and better resources on this available now than there ever have been. I have no expertise in Discord or how to run it, but if I were to start a Discord server for this sort of super-in-depth worldbuilding would anyone be interested in joining?
I believe there is a similar Discord like this called Weldholm (formerly associated with the mapnaking reddit). There are a lot of people doing this kind of mapping on there.