Thread: Rheia: one final try at ground-up worldbuilding

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post

About the currents I see sone issues ... the currents should work like gears and I see some aren't matching in the same direction , at the poles you dont have all that space for turn arounds check projections.
    Also when drawing climates if you want to go more in depth you might want to consider not only currents but also elevations, pressurezones and wind directions.
    Thanks for the feedback Naima! I did notice a few gyres going in the wrong direction for their hemisphere so I've corrected them. Let me know if there's anything else that looks wrong. Regarding the poles it's actually quite normal for there to be small-ish gyres, such as the East Spitsbergen Coastal Current or the Baffin Island/Labrador Current; the projection means there's more lateral space at the poles than it appears. That said I realized that my circumpolar current in the south pole was flowing in the wrong direction so I've corrected that.

And yes, of course I will also be taking into account elevation, pressure systems, etc... I just haven't gotten to that stage quite yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rheia_currents.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	134837
    Last edited by Tiluchi; 12-13-2022 at 06:16 AM.