Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
I believe there is a similar Discord like this called Weldholm (formerly associated with the mapnaking reddit). There are a lot of people doing this kind of mapping on there.
I should have known that someone would have gotten there first! ;-) Do you happen to have a link for it? I wasn't able to find anything by searching Google or Reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBragg View Post
I'm currently chugging along with ExoPlaSim runs and can get a T42 resolution model (64 x 128 px) to converge in about 20 - 24 hours compute time; I'd be happy to give your world a go (for free!) if you're interested. There are definitely some systematic errors - my general thinking is that the best approach is to manually modify the temperature / precipitation outputs and then feed those into the tutorial here rather than rely solely on the climate maps generated from pure ExoPlaSim data - though I also think it offers the ability to capture effects we might not be able to immediately predict based on our N = 1 data point of earth.
That would be amazing! I'll follow up via DM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodytheClimateGuy View Post
It seems you got down the ocean currents, so that's great. I'm exciting and intrigued on how you will tackle the pressure zones and climates! Are you going to do it simple like the Pasta, or are you going to do it complex like the other worlds and like Earth?
Man, why you gotta do me like that Woody? I had some nice, simple pressure and wind maps ready to go based on the Pasta tutorial, and this reminded me that they really are quite simple to the point of abstraction. Which maybe is fine for climates but I do enjoy getting into the finer details of things. Decided to go ahead and do a more detailed wind and pressure maps, which I'm attaching here. Maps are based on real-world data, plus the helpful suggestions in the Azelor and Pasta tutorials. Definitely welcome any feedback on these, as a good amount of guesswork was involved for figuring out the locations of pressure zones, the ICTZ, wind direction, etc. Not too worried about the polar areas since that's all just going to be very cold anyway, but as always with this sort of thing the subtropics are where things get complicated...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rheia_january_pressure.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	9.21 MB 
ID:	134844 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rheia_july_pressure.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	9.18 MB 
ID:	134845