Thread: Rheia: one final try at ground-up worldbuilding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Nice that you're back in the game! Anyways, I really like the Koppen climate map, and you did way better than me, which makes sense.

I mostly just used Photoshop to do a raw selection of the climates. First, I did the aridity index for both seasons, then I did the climates. Could you also show the aridity index for both seasons? Because I was unsure in some bits because the tutorials used a different temperature scale than yours, but yours allowed for more accuracy. I had trouble with the hot deserts since some deserts had a semi-arid season according to the aridity maps, I had, so I think I missed up on that front.

So, great job on your maps!

Default Inspiring

This is all super educational and inspirational to read while I struggle with my own process. This thread caught my eye, as it shares a name with my daughter, Rhea! Super interested in seeing what else is to come.

As a side note, I've been struggling to get exoplasim running without errors and will try my hand at working up the climate by hand. Was this a time intensive process for you in relation to, let's say, the tectonics?