Thread: Rheia: one final try at ground-up worldbuilding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another update- worked on refining the shaded relief a little more and added some insets to the map. I'll probably keep fiddling around with the relief for a while but for now I think I'm about ready to switch over to Illustrator for the lettering.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rheia_relief_winkel_v2.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	4.60 MB 
ID:	137338

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Beautiful presentation! I especially love the bottom left panel showing tectonic boundaries and volcanoes, since this information is so rarely depicted in maps found on the Guild. Did you make use of Artifexian's tutorial videos to create your tectonic history and plate movement? I don't recall him showing how to determine the plate boundaries but I could be wrong.

What information is depicted in the upper right hand panel?

At any rate, very beautiful work, Tiluchi!

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Toth View Post
    Beautiful presentation! I especially love the bottom left panel showing tectonic boundaries and volcanoes, since this information is so rarely depicted in maps found on the Guild. Did you make use of Artifexian's tutorial videos to create your tectonic history and plate movement? I don't recall him showing how to determine the plate boundaries but I could be wrong.

What information is depicted in the upper right hand panel?
    Thanks Naima and Peter! I did my tectonics based on the tutorial by worldbuildingpasta, with the main exception being that I "only" did about 400 million years' worth of tectonics. The GPlates animation is way back in the first post here. The upper right panel depicts the levels of magic in the world, with red being stronger ambient magic. This is a fantasy world after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiluchi View Post
    Another update- worked on refining the shaded relief a little more and added some insets to the map. I'll probably keep fiddling around with the relief for a while but for now I think I'm about ready to switch over to Illustrator for the lettering.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rheia_relief_winkel_v2.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	4.60 MB 
ID:	137338
    Congrats, the orography looks very realistic and well made especially since it was made manually without using Dem sources.