Thread: City of Sardyna

Guild Member

Default City of Sardyna

I was getting bored of drawing the same type of stuff over and over again then this commision came along. I might have gone a bit overboard compared to the price point but I really like this one, even made a process gif.
    Hope you will like it too.

https://imgur.com/a/SL7DlLU

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smmcgeeMap021.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	4.69 MB 
ID:	133566

Guild Member FantasyMapmakingCo.'s Avatar

It looks beautiful! The detail is amazing and that style of it being somewhat isometric is super cool.
    Fantasy Mapmaking Co.
    Hand drawn and leather maps
    If you would like to commission a map please visit my website, here.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

That is amazing! I love how clean the image is and the fields surrounding the city look great. My favorite part is the gates (5) - dont know why, they just look great .

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyMapmakingCo. View Post
    It looks beautiful! The detail is amazing and that style of it being somewhat isometric is super cool.
    Thanks a lot, I was going to add more details but then I remembered I have got other work to do. Guess somewhat isometric is becoming my favorite angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    That is amazing! I love how clean the image is and the fields surrounding the city look great. My favorite part is the gates (5) - dont know why, they just look great .
    Thank you so much, I think this arrengement of fields is better suited for my go to style.

Guild Member

I LOVE this map! Amazing work! Especially love how several wall towers are like mini forts as opposed to just simple round or square towers. Really cool! Like the Mage College rising up on the hills overlooking the city too. So many fun things to look at!!!

It's truly splendid, limon ! Did you plan to color it at some point? I mean, it's great right now, but with some color, it would be spectacular.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Such a beautiful and clean piece! As Ilanthar said, color would be a great plus!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by SharpPointyStick View Post
    I LOVE this map! Amazing work! Especially love how several wall towers are like mini forts as opposed to just simple round or square towers. Really cool! Like the Mage College rising up on the hills overlooking the city too. So many fun things to look at!!!
    Thanks a lot, I really enjoyed drawing this one in my free time I will try to draw one with a better designed buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    It's truly splendid, limon ! Did you plan to color it at some point? I mean, it's great right now, but with some color, it would be spectacular.
    Thank you so much, coloring isn't my strong suit and I try to force myself to add color to everything I draw to improve. But since this is a commisioned work maybe I should wait until its used before adding on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimine View Post
    Such a beautiful and clean piece! As Ilanthar said, color would be a great plus!
    Thank you so much. I agree but I want to wait a little bit more.