Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commission - Mercury

Wip Commission - Mercury

I am currently working on a futuristic (obviously!) map over mercury! I've got pretty far, but I shall add more details such as icons, more labels and eventually a map over Longshore and Longshore undercity. Let me know what you think! This is the first map I've made with my brand new Cintiq 13HD.

Mercury is very hot, and the slope of the mountains and craters are almost burning. The settlements are all underground with connecting subways. All the cities belong to Mishima... oh, guess the RPG?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mercury_surface_104b.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	73172
    Last edited by Obbehobbe; 05-05-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Hi Obbehobbe, this looks fantastic! I really like the style of your craters / mountains and the colours are great. Looking forward how this develops.
    PS: No idea about the RPG, cause i'm not (yet!) familiar with sci-fi rpgs. Tekken maybe?
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 05-05-2015 at 10:46 AM.

That's already excellent! And an additionnal city map would only make it better.
    Why did you let the cities icon white and not made them as you did for subways?

By Obbehobbe
    All the cities belong to Mishima... oh, guess the RPG?
    You're making it easy, and that explains the japanes-type names. I suppose the initials of that game are "MC", with chronicles somewhere, hehe.

Blog Entries

if interested the REAL map for Mercury is here

-- 256 ppd resolution in PDS image format from 2013

http://pdsimage.wr.usgs.gov/archive/.../MSGRMDS_4001/
    http://pdsimage.wr.usgs.gov/archive/...RMDS_4001/BDR/
    and
    http://pds-imaging.jpl.nasa.gov/data...rmds_4001/BDR/
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

I might change the colors of the subway or the icons.

And it's correct - Mutant Chronicles. Here is a citadel belonging to one of the evil demons. .)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mercury_surface_105c.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	488.4 KB 
ID:	73240
    Last edited by Obbehobbe; 05-08-2015 at 03:36 AM.
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Really cool. Good choice of colours and highlights.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Looks nice though I don't really understand the old folded paeg background for such a modern/sci-fi map.

Very cool Obbehobbe. The color theme looks splendid! However, I have to second Max about the crease. It's really well done, however, it makes no sense for this kind of map. Especially when you have this kind of high-tech border going on
    Other than that, keep up the good work!

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Mutant Chronicles is a kind of dark Sci-fi where the old blend with the futuristic. The setting melds sci-fi, fantasy, cyberpunk, post-apocalypse, pulp, film noir, horror, and military genres into a single dystopic vision of the future. The use of scrolls and old books are very common and suits the setting just perfectly. I will try to make sure the borders and icons works aswell

This is a quote from a description about MC: "The Dark Symmetry prevents computers, "thinking engines", and other electronic devices from functioning reliably, if at all, and initially caused complete chaos, and then a forced adaptation of the technology used by mankind."
    Last edited by Obbehobbe; 05-10-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

That makes more sense. Maybe the frame and the parchment could match together : if we won't see the parchment on the outside edges on the frame, that could be an old parchment map seen through a more modern framed screen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast