Thread: [WIP] World Map of TWORRA - reaching out for feedback

Discuss [WIP] World Map of TWORRA - reaching out for feedback

Hello everyone,

this forum is not new to me, but I am new to this forum, as I've just registered :-).
    The presentation of myself will come in the following days, but so far I'd like to jump right in and present you my world called Tworra.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weltkarte_Tworra_08.07.22.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	7.10 MB 
ID:	133887

The map will be the base for my upcoming book.
    Information on: www.tworra.com (only in German so far).

It is NO mercator transformation or anything alike. The transformation is a different one that is used on (you guessed it right) Tworra, and allows for displaying sphere coordinates in 2D better than the ones we use on earth.
    It IS work in progress, so there's planned improvement and filling of empty spaces ahead, BUT
    I would really appreciate any kind of feedback from you cracks here in this wonderful community!

Some information on the content:
    The black words on the continents are the names of the five main nations. Borders and actual countries with their names are still missing.
    The round circle in the middle of the ocean is a magnifier glass.
    The places with red names are the ones playing a role in the first book.

I want to make it look artistically but also as realistic as possible, and therefore will be grateful for any advice.

The map is created in Wonderdraft using default assets. The language used is German.

Thanks in advance,
    Emanuel

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wonderdraft is a great tool, and this is a pretty great looking map. The red names are a bit hard to read, especially where they're over green terrain. I'd suggest using a different color or outlining them in white, something to make them easier to pick out.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Also, I checked out your Tworra site, and the book sounds pretty cool too. If you ever publish an English-language version, I'm there!